This app is designed for pre and post- intervention measures of cognitive performance, resilience and mental health.
Mindware Lab Test Battery
The assessment app consists of a battery of three scientifically valid, standardized scales for different aspects of cognitive performance:
- IQ test for fluid intelligence – 5 minutes
- Working memory capacity test – 15 minutes
- Decision-making competence test – 2 minutes
- EQ test – 2 minutes
- Cognitive resilience test – 2 minutes
- Anxiety, Depression and Burnout test – 3 minutes
The speeded IQ test items have been generated using the Sandia Matrix Generation Software. The items have been scientifically validated by Matzen and colleagues (2010). Because this is a speeded IQ test, there is a greater emphasis on working memory relative to fluid reasoning.
Anxiety and Depression Scores
Working Memory Test
The working memory capacity test is an implementation of the Operation Span (Ospan) test – a complex span task – developed by Turner and Engle (1989).
Anxiety and Depression Scales
The validated Depression and Anxiety tests are the PHQ-9 and the GAD-7 developed by Spitzer and colleagues with a grant from Pfizer Inc.
The battery also includes the following self-report scales that have been developed and validated for internal consistency and normality by Dr Mark Ashton Smith (HRP Lab). A technical report can be downloaded here.
Decision-Making Competence Test
Cognitive Resilience Scale
Emotional Intelligence Scale
Purpose of the Assessment
- Learn about some of your brain’s key HRP metrics.
- With the HRP Dab Scale, Let you know if you should see your doctor for further assessment.
- Compare your results to others’ – in percentiles.
- By taking this test battery before and after training, you will obtain objective measures of the effects of your brain training program.
What the Assessment Won’t Do
- Provide a diagnosis, medical advice or treatment.
- Substitute for a medical evaluation by a doctor or other health care practitioner.
Do You Have 20 Minutes?
You need to set aside this quiet time, free from Internet use, telephone calls, or other activities.
Are You Committed to the Following?
- Find a quiet room.
- Give your full attention.
- Take the test without conferring with others.
- You may feel anxious when taking the test and want to show yourself in the ‘best light’ but there are no ‘right’ answers. If you answer the questions based on honest answers, you’ll get a more valid score.
- Do You Feel Well?
To get an accurate picture of your HRP profile, you shouldn’t take the test on a day that you are feeling unusually stressed, tired, or unwell.
This app requires that you first install Adobe AIR (here).