Valid Online IQ Tests
Take a valid, standardized IQ test
Knowing your true IQ level requires that you take a scientifically valid and standardized IQ test. This gives you a score somewhere on the IQ bell curve below. With this ‘bell curve’ you can compare your score with others in the population. It is generally thought that an IQ of 115 or greater is needed for college level education. Mensa requires an IQ level of 130 – in the top 2% of the population. A high IQ can be considered to be 120 or above.
Professional IQ tests
Professionally administered IQ tests (e.g. WAIS-IV or Cattell III B) give you a valid measure of your IQ level. They are typically administered by a certified psychologist, educationalist or clinician. They cost to you will be in the region of $300-$500 for an assessment. The test kits can be purchased independently – at a cost: $1,110.00 for the basic kit (link).
A more cost-effective method of measuring your true IQ level is to take a Mensa Supervised Test. Mensa offers supervised IQ tests ( $40.00 in the US / £17.50 in the UK). This fee includes:
- A reserved place at the centre of your choice.
- The opportunity to take two IQ test papers. The Cattell III B and the Cattell Culture Fair III A.
- A score in the top 2% on either of these papers would qualify you for membership of Mensa.
- The marking of your IQ test papers and your results returned to you in confidence.
Mensa Supervised test sessions are held at centres throughout your home country.Click here for details from International Mensa. For those in the US click here. For those in the UK click here.
Online IQ tests
There are many so-called ‘IQ tests’ online. The vast majority these or more are not scientifically valid or reliable. They may be fun, they may even be good for training purposes, but they are worthless as a measure of your true IQ.
Finding a valid IQ test online requires professional guidance. The short online tests below will give you a estimate of your IQ. .
Gigi Professional Certified IQ Test
Click on the button below to take the online Gigi Pro Certified test now. Each test will take approximately 8 minutes to administer. This test is standardized and measures what is called your fluid intelligence – your ability to reason in novel situations. It is culture-fair and does not measure verbal intelligence (e.g. vocabulary or general knowledge). It is not a professional, scientifically valid IQ test, but will estimate your IQ level with some reliability.
- Time required: 8 minutes
- Components of intelligence measured: fluid intelligence
- Culture fair IQ test? Yes
- Repeat testing? No
- Fee: $19.99 (for Gigi Professional Certified with 10 test sessions – recommended for training before a valid IQ test)
- Creator: International High IQ Society
The GIQ test
This is a good general IQ test, combining non-verbal (spatial) and verbal problems, providing a reasonably valid measure of your IQ. The fee is only $10.
According to the test-makers:
The GIQ Test is an online analog for the most common clinically proctored IQ tests. In our internal study, the GIQTest correlated within about 4% of an individual’s full scale score on a clinically proctored IQ test. The GIQTest’s sections are modeled after clinical IQ test sections.
- Time required: 25-45 minutes estimated. No time limit.
- Components of intelligence measured: full scale intelligence, ‘verbal’, ‘spatial’ and ‘quantitative’ intelligence. Your performance sub-score on this test can substitute as a measure of your fluid intelligence.
- Culture fair IQ test? No. Vocabulary, similarities and arithmetic subtests are culture-dependent.
- Repeat testing: No
- Fee: $10
- Test creators: Wendlink, Inc product
Valid online IQ tests with IQMindware
Alternatively, take one of the two scientifically valid culture fair IQ tests supplied on purchasing IQMindware IQ increase software to give an accurate measure of your IQ.
The following money-back guarantee is offered:
- Take one of our scientifically valid online IQ tests.
- Do the 20 days of brain training (15-20 minutes per day)
- Take the remaining IQ test or a professionally supervised IQ test of your choice to accurately measure your increased IQ level (due to brain plasticity effects).
- You are guaranteed a 10-20 point IQ increase – an increase that is maintained long term.