Training schedule: The time you need to set aside
Welcome to the i9 brain training app. This is an intensive program, and requires a serious commitment on your part to complete the program.
For optimal training gains, you need to put aside time for forty 15-20 minute Sessions, completed over a period of 4-6 weeks. After this initial period, you can train at a lower intensity if you want to continue training.
You may choose to do one Session in the morning and another in the afternoon/evening, completing two Sessions in 1 day. On average for each week, you need to train 6-8 Sessions a week. We do not recommend that you train for more than 10 Sessions a week. Taking weekends and the occasional week day off from your training is an option for you.
After this period, your training will have resulted in improved brain health, resilience and performance.
An effective way to get the most from your brain training is to combine i9 training with other brain training strategies such as exercise, intermittent fasting and meditation.
Training motivation: Sticking with the program
This training program requires at least a 20 day commitment. The training is demanding and it is important that you stay motivated to see it through. You can consider making use of any of the following motivational strategies to complete the training program:
- Sign up with a goal-tracking, scheduling app that helps you achieve your program completion goal. We recommend signing up to Irunurun which is desktop and iOS compatible. Simply sign up and set your weekly training goals (e.g. ‘8 Sessions per week’). Irunurun enables you to not only track your brain training progress, but also any other goals you are working on – such as an exercise routine or an alternate day fasting routine. You can also invite others by e-mail to share in tracking a particular goal.
- Train with family members or friends. Many people find that training with someone else improves motivation and makes the process more fun. You then have the option of signing up to Irunurun together and keeping track of each others progress. Each license allows for multiple Profiles to be created, so more than one person can train. Or you could upgrade to a multi-license to download the app to multiple computers.
- Take the psychological tests before and after training to keep track of your progress.
- Aiming for a top Leaderboard score can help with motivation.
- Like our new IQ Mindware Facebook page to stay updated and post online comments during training.
There are specific Help pages for different Games and Option pages in the app itself. Click on the help icons to access the relevant help resources.
Registering and Creating a Profile
When you register to the training program with your name, age, etc, ensure that you allow us to collect anonymous usage data to use all features of the app including the Leaderboards. This is the default selection.
There is one Profile for each 40 Session training program. You can create multiple Profiles – for example if you want to allow others to train on your computer. Profiles can be accessed by clicking on the ‘PROFILES’ button.